Mission and Philosophy
To provide opportunities for a better life through quality education at an affordable cost.
Potomac State College’s Strategic Goals include:
- Goal 1: Engage undergraduate students in a challenging academic environment.
- Goal 2: Excel in teaching, creative activity and innovation in all learning environments.
- Goal 3: Foster diversity and global awareness.
- Goal 4: Foster collaborative partnerships to advance the mission of the College.
- Goal 5: Enhance the well-being and quality of life for the campus community, people in West Virginia, and the broader service region of the College.
Goal 6: Develop infrastructure to support enrollment growth and to improve retention and graduation rates.
Potomac State College Strategic Plan
We believe our most important concern is the total development of the individual student. Therefore, we commit to providing a comprehensive environment that invigorates the total individual: intellectually, creatively, culturally, physically, and socially. Potomac State College encourages students to:
- explore, discover and develop their special aptitudes and interests and to reach beyond their own perceived limitations;
- acquire the knowledge, critical thinking, problem solving, communication, teamwork, ethical, and social skills needed to support their immediate educational goals, as well as life-long learning in a world characterized by change;
- experience leadership;
- nurture social responsibility and receptive attitudes compatible with citizenship within a global society.
We support our faculty and staff in providing programs of study and instructional delivery that balance individual learning styles; didactic, cooperative and experiential learning environments; and outcome-based standards for academic excellence.