Self-Help Materials: Common Study Problems
AVOID falling into these situations by developing a study program. You can get advice from your professors and your academic advisor. In addition, tutors are free at ASC!
- Procrastination: Delaying studying because you believe there will be enough time to study later this week, month, or class term.
- Believing there is too much material to study and not enough time to learn it all.
- Wasting time by using poor study habits...studying improperly.
- Studying in a bad location.
- Believing that if you study right before an exam, you can recall the information more easily.
- Falling asleep while studying.
* Hint* Many textbooks have a companion website that offers practice tests, virtual flashcards, crossword puzzles and more! This is a great resource to check yourself. Most often the address is located on the back of your textbook or you can search the publisher's website.Students say this can be a lifesaver !!