The Mary F. Shipper Library contributes to the achievement of the goals of Potomac State College of West Virginia University by collaborating with all members of the college community in research, teaching, lifelong learning and service.
To accomplish the mission, the library will :
- support the mission and vision statement of Potomac State College of West Virginia University.
- support the students, faculty, staff and administration.
- preserve the archives of Potomac State College of WVU.
- provide materials, resources and technology in a pleasant environment.
- provide information training for the campus community.
- provide accurate and individualized services to assist faculty and students in attaining academic goals.
- provide access to a broad spectrum of formats including print, non-print and full-text databases.
- provide complete confidentiality of all library records.
- provide collegiality and communication within the library and throughout the college community.
- provide a positive work environment that promotes staff development and empowerment.
- support the Keyser community in lifelong learning endeavors.
The library will be the information technology center for Potomac State College of West Virginia University and the surrounding community and will continuously remain alert to new and innovative ideas and resources.