Information for Admitted Students
Welcome to Potomac State College!
As an admitted student you need to know the next steps toward Realizing What’s Possible for you... at Potomac State College. Just follow the steps below and you will be ready to build the foundation for your future success.
1. Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Try to meet the priority deadline of March 1. We encourage all students to complete the FAFSA for maximum consideration for federal and state aid programs. Contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 304.788.6820 or 800.262.7332 or PSCFinAid@mail.wvu.edu for more information.
2. Apply for housing. Admitted students may complete the online housing application or request a paper application. Traditionally, our six residence halls are filled to capacity each year so apply as early as possible. The $200 housing deposit is partially refundable until July 1.
3. Attend a PSO (Potomac State Orientation) Event. A PSO allows you to take the next steps toward enrollment. At a PSO, you will meet with an academic advisor and register for your classes. You will also get a Student ID card and be able to check on financial aid and housing status.
4. Check out WVU Portal . Through WVU Portal, you can check your WVU email account, check your financial aid and housing status, pay your bill, and check out your class schedule. Your bill for each semester will be sent electronically to your email account.
5. Join us on Facebook – check out the email invitation sent to your MIX account or the email you provided on your application for admission to join a Facebook app that’s just for admitted Potomac State students.
6. Submit your final high school transcript and immunization form. If you are just graduating from high school this year, make sure you request that a final high school transcript, with your date of graduation, be sent to us. Complete the required immunization form.
For complete Immunization Requirements and printable form, click here.
7. Check out bill payment options . Remember that payment of bills is due each semester before the first day of classes.
8. Click here for more info on eRefunds, Parent/Guest Portal, Student Loans, and Book Purchases.