AlcoholEdu for College
EverFi Login Instructions
1. Go to:
2. Enter your AlcoholEdu for College Registration Code: c237701a
Note: When prompted, please enter your WVU MIX e-mail address to ensure you receive credit for completion. Please make sure that you correctly enter your MIX e-mail address and remember your password that you create. When you create your user account, you must use your WVU MIX e-mail address along with a password that you will remember. (Do not use your personal e-mail account such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or any others as you will not receive credit for the course). Your WVU MIX e-mail address ends in @mix.wvu.edu.
As part of our comprehensive alcohol prevention program, West Virginia University, including Potomac State College, expects each member of the first-year class who are under the age of 21, including transfer students and transfer students from WVU, to complete AlcoholEdu for College – an online, non-opinionated, science-based course taken by hundreds of thousands of students each year. Whether you drink or not, AlcoholEdu will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers.
The course has two sections, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement:
- Part 1 of the course takes approximately 1.5-2 hours to complete and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. This part ends after Survey 2 and the Exam. You must earn a grade of 75% or higher to pass and receive credit for the course. The deadline for finishing Part 1 is August 29, 2014.
- About 45 days after you complete Part 1, you will receive an e-mail in MIX asking you to complete Part 2.
- The deadline to complete Part 2 is October 17, 2014 . This section only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- Only after you have finished Part 2 have you completed the course.
Please note that the course includes three surveys that measure students’ alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
*If you do not complete AlcoholEdu by October 17th, 2014, you will be charged $50 to your student account.
To take AlcoholEdu, you will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities. Check your local library for free computer and Internet access. Also, businesses in your town may offer free Wi-Fi such as: Barnes & Noble, Panera Bread, Starbucks, and McDonalds. Computers are also available on campus in the library and in University Place.
As the parent or guardian of a new Potomac State College of WVU student, you are an important part of your student’s undergraduate career. We value the partnership we are entering into with you in the education of your student and we are committed to devoting time, energy and care to this relationship.
Please take a moment and read the AlcoholEdu for Parents Letter to familiarize yourself with the program and dates of completion. You will learn about AlcoholEdu for Parents, which is an online program designed to support your conversation about alcohol that will help shape the decisions your student makes related to alcohol use.
AlcoholEdu ® for Parents Directions
AlcoholEdu for Parents will be available for your review beginning August 1, 2014.
To take AlcoholEdu for Parents, you will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities.
1. Go to: https://parents.alcoholedu.com/
2. Please review the minimum technical requirements available at the bottom of the AlcoholEdu for Parents login page
3. Under New User enter the following Login ID for PARENTS ONLY: P237701PARENT
IMPORTANT: Do NOT share this Web site and Login ID with your child as he/she will not receive credit for course completion under this account.
- We will provide your son or daughter with separate instructions for accessing the student version of AlcoholEdu. (Instructions will be sent to their WVU MIX e-mail address on the morning of August 1, 2014 (For students who are enrolled at PSC prior to 7/21/14). Students who enroll after 7/21, an e-mail will be sent to them on 8/21/14. They can also view instructions on the following website:
- Students may contact the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center if they need login assistance. (The “Technical Help” button is located on the upper right- hand corner of the AlcoholEdu on-line program)
4. Click “Sign Up” and follow the on-screen prompts.
5. When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the “Technical Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for Parents screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center