FAFSA Workshop to be held at Potomac State February 19
A FAFSA (Free Application Federal Student Aid) workshop will be held on Sunday, February 19, from 1 to 3 p.m. on the Potomac State College of West Virginia University campus in Academy Hall Rooms 309 and 310. Computers will be available and financial aid staff will be there to help attendees complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA on-line.
In order to complete the FAFSA, participants will need to bring the following information:
- FSA ID for both the student and one parent if the student is required to provide parental information so the FAFSA can be signed on-line when it’s completed.
- Social Security number for the student and the student’s parents if required to provide parental information.
- Driver’s license if the student has one.
- The 2015/2016 federal tax information or tax returns, including IRS W-2 forms, for the student and spouse if the student is married or for the student’s parents if required to provide parental information.
- Information on savings, investments, businesses, and farm assets for the student and parents if required to provide parental information
To obtain an FSA ID before coming to the workshop, log in to www.fsaid.ed.gov and create an FSA ID for the student and one parent if the student is required to provide parental information. Be certain to use only the information for the person applying for the FSA ID, including a separate e-mail for each person.
Since it may take up to three days for the Social Security Administration to verify the information provided in the FSA ID application, it is advisable to create the FSA ID the week before the workshop.
For questions or additional information, contact Enrollment Services at Potomac State College at 304-788-6820 or at psc-FinAid@mail.wvu.edu.