“Our purpose is to inspire students to find joy in learning, connecting with others, and growing personally and professionally.”
This purpose statement is in the masthead of our daily communication to all PSC employees. It is written on white boards in offices around campus and pondered often as a reminder of the importance of training tomorrow’s leaders, entrepreneurs, doctors, writers, etc.
We value you, our students, and seek to provide you with a quality education by challenging you, inspiring you, and unlocking opportunities for internships, study abroad, experiential learning, and real-world experience.
We believe that college should be about students becoming responsible and mature adults who have gained the ability to think independently while obtaining the skills and academic knowledge necessary to propel graduates forward into the global world awaiting them.
We offer this advice to you: Explore your options. Discover new passions. Participate fully in college life. Create lifelong friendships. Volunteer. And, be curious about new ideas and new pathways.
These five core values include our pledge to you:
- Service: We seek opportunities to serve others and are committed to providing the highest quality of service.
- Curiosity: We ask questions, seek new opportunities and change through innovation.
- Respect: We are respectful, transparent and inclusive with each other.
- Accountability: We perform at our very best every day to create a University that is responsive, efficient and effective.
- Appreciation: We support and value each other’s contributions as we build a community that is One WVU.
Welcome to Potomac State College and the WVU family!
Jennifer E. Orlikoff, PhD. | Campus President | WVU Potomac State College