It’s an exciting time to be a Catamount and part of the West Virginia University
system! Our vibrant campus is located in Keyser, WV among the beautiful
The definition of growth means not standing still, and Potomac State College’s strong commitment to excellence has been continuously moving forward as we grow our academic programs, internship opportunities, and our scholarship base.
Just this fall the WVU School of Nursing, Bachelor of Science in nursing program was added to Potomac State’s curriculum. We now have a cohort of students well on their way to becoming professional, caring and compassionate nurses.
Our well-established Agriculture Department added a four-year degree in sustainable agriculture entrepreneurship (SAGE), and criminal justice majors can now earn the third and fourth years of an accelerated bachelor’s degree completely online.
In addition to offering numerous internships, 94 percent of first-time students at Potomac State receive financial assistance toward their education.
The College’s faculty and staff do an outstanding job of enriching the lives of our students. They’re here because they care. They’re approachable, friendly, eager to help, and committed to serving our students by living out WVU’s Five Core Values:
- Service: We seek opportunities to serve others and are committed to providing the highest quality of service.
- Curiosity: We ask questions, seek new opportunities and change through innovation.
- Respect: We are respectful, transparent and inclusive with each other.
- Accountability: We perform at our very best every day to create a University that is responsive, efficient and effective.
- Appreciation: We support and value each other’s contributions as we build a community that in One WVU.
Welcome to Potomac State College and the WVU family!
Jennifer E. Orlikoff, PhD. | Campus President | WVU Potomac State College