The Potomac State College of WVU Classified Employees Council annually awards a classified employee the honor of Outstanding Staff Member of the Year for recognized loyalty, outstanding performance, commitment, and dedication to the College. Award includes a commemorative plaque and student scholarship in the amount of $500 in the honored staff member’s name.
Eligibility: Nominees must be a classified staff employee, full- or part-time, and in good standing with the College. Eligibility will be verified with the Potomac State College of WVU Human Resource Department. Each nomination form should be completed in its entirety to include the name and phone number of nominator. Nominations are accepted from the entire campus community to include administrators, faculty, staff, and students; however, ONLY classified staff can be nominated for this award.
- The term classified employees shall mean those employees designated in Series 8 (Legislative rule) as classified and does not include faculty or non-classified personnel. Recognizing that all matters within this Legislative rule are governed by West Virginia Code. (Sited from http://wvacce.org/bylaws.html)
Criteria: To be selected for the award, nominee must possess the following characteristics:
- Exemplary conduct and courtesy
- Service to the College beyond job responsibilities
- Pride in assigned job duties
- Outstanding performance in one or more job-related areas
- Reliable, dependable, and efficient
- Solid working relationships with the campus community
- Physical Plant/Maintenance/Service
Please Note: Members of the Classified Employees Council are not eligible for nomination. Your Classified Employees Council Members are: Debi Cruse, Molly Bennett, Jeff Hymes, Dinese Shreve, Renee Anderson, Dave Miller, and Antonio Rascon.
Deadline: This year’s deadline to submit nomination forms is March 11, 2016. The Nomination form is attached, can be obtained from Susan Slaubaugh in the Business Office, Administration Building, Room 101 or is available online at the Classified Employee Council page. The completed form should be placed in the box located at the Service Center in the Administration Building.
Reception Information: The reception will be held on TBA in the Davis Conference Center. Please plan to attend as we will announce this year’s recipient and honor each of you for your dedication, hard work, and loyalty to Potomac State College of WVU. Enjoy light refreshments, freebies, and fellowship with coworkers and friends. See you there!